Wednesday 27 June 2012

Landing in Heaven!

I am not very good at holidays, hate airports, flying, the crowds, heat, sand and just the hassle of all it entails and always feel like I need a holiday to get over the holiday! I much prefer to go by car so that you can just shove everything in without worrying about what to take, just take everything! So we set off for our break in the Cotswolds which is one of my favourite places on earth, we rented a stunning Jacobean house in Bourton on the Water one of England's prettiest villages. The house and gardens literally took our breath away, we had landed in heaven! Built in the early 1600's when James I was on the throne, it had been lovingly restored to an immaculate home with every convenience but losing none of the historic features. My four poster bed was the most comfortable bed I had ever slept in and on the second night I slept for twelve hours which has not happened in years! There was complete silence except for the birdsong, I could have stayed there forever, the house had a wonderful atmosphere, I sensed people had been happy there and who wouldn't be? We visited most of the surrounding villages and had some wonderful meals, Broadway, Burford, Stowe on the Wold, Chipping Campden which is full of the most stunning houses and buildings, ancient golden Costwold stone abounds. Have you guessed we adored it? I have travelled all over the world but I honestly don't think you can beat England on a lovely Summer's day, I wanted to hug the trees I loved it so much! We intend on going back as soon as we can, once you have seen the Cotswolds you are hooked!








Beautiful view from Sophie's room

The most comfortable bed ever!


We stopped off here in Chipping Campden for a cup of tea

Bourton on the Water


Chipping Campden



Heaven for me! Cotswolds perfumery where we spent a lovely hour browsing the perfume, of course I had to buy some!



We love birds and there is Birdland in the village, wonderful place!

Fosse Manor, Stowe on the Wold where we had a delicious Sunday lunch

Sophie outside The Swan in Broadway, we had a fantastic lunch there, superb food!

Birdland has the only group of King penguins in the UK



On the way back we stopped of at Bibury, I have stayed here before, these are the Weavers cottages

The Swan Hotel, Bibury, some years ago we got snowed in here! Didn't mind one bit!

We stopped at The Swan, Bibury for some lunch on the way back




These are just a fraction of the photos I took, hope it gives you some idea how stunning the Cotswolds are, do visit if you can I am sure you will adore it as much as I do. Have a great week, hugs B xxx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, Bea. Another amazing place for this antipodean to get a look at. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dream vacation. Planning on visiting in a few years with my sisters. Thank you for these lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...